Ramboll uses ShiftX to ensure shared understanding when building digital solutions
With numerous processes queued for digitization, Frode Bovim, Head of Digital and Innovation at Ramboll Norway, needed a better solution to manage all the people, teams, and systems involved. ShiftX has proven to be an easy-to-use tool that quickly enables them to gain a broadly shared understanding of their processes. This, in turn, sets the stage for teams to collaborate on automating, improving, and refining them.
A visual tool for shared understanding.
Several ISO standards are increasingly centered around processes. It’s important to have detailed and accurate visual representations of these processes. This has traditionally been a demanding and error-prone task.
“In a time when process improvement and automation is so important, it is essential that everyone understands the processes and are empowered to collaborate when building digital solutions.”
Building a culture that promotes knowledge sharing and collaboration across the business will increase the value we offer, and strengthen our competitiveness. To help achieve this, Ramboll is now launching an internal platform to empower teams when developing new ideas and services. One of the components of this platform is ShiftX.
“We use ShiftX to visualize, communicate and improve our processes, but equally important, we use it as a tool to build and mature relationships between employees and teams. To us, ShiftX is an efficient and modern tool well suited when building a culture where the organization collectively better understands our processes.”
- The narrative way of documenting provides an intuitive understanding of a process and provides a common truth to the entire organization
- Less time spent in gaining a shared understanding and agreement on a process
- Group collaboration when mapping processes is faster and more enjoyable
- The possibility of working multidisciplinary at different levels of the process
- The end result is detailed and easy to read, with fewer misunderstandings and less time spent on interpretations
- A much more agile approach to documenting and visualizing processes
- A low barrier of entry encourages experimentation and collaboration
- The fact we are working in a database, gives both a flexibility and a deeper understanding of business processes, dependencies and responsibility
“ShiftX is a very easy and efficient tool that is well suited for building a culture where the entire organization is centered around processes.”
Try ShiftX for free
Set up your own single-user, free-forever account, or try ShiftX free for 14 days with the rest of your colleagues.